Tuesday 19 April 2011

Another reason I won't play for England

Fairly unlikely I'll be done for libel but just to be on the safe side - unnamed current England cricketer is batting against my school. He edges a spinner to slip, who puts him down. He turns around in horror, then stands in the middle of the wicket, beating himself on the pads with his bat.

"YOU TWAT! YOU FUCKING TWAT! MOVE YOUR FEET!"

We all look at each other, wondering whether we should run him out. Decide against, because it's actually a bit scary.

He was 135* at the time.


3 comments:

  1. Judging by the great Chiswick blow up of 09, Potty could walk into any international side. I suppose he wasn't on 135* at the time. Or even 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and he'd just been parped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I missed that. I've 'run out' Potty twice (by calling him through for an eminently makable single), and both times he's given me an absolute mouthful as he leaves the pitch which I feel would be fair to say has had a significant part in my dismissal moments later. Such a team man.

    ReplyDelete