Saturday 7 May 2011

CC's week - fairly typical

On Monday I thought I was going to play cricket: I was happy.
On Tuesday I realised we had 19 people available for our game. I ruled myself out hoping to get another game: I was happy.
On Wednesday the other club said they didn't have room. I was sad.
On Thursday I found another club to play for. I was happy.
On Friday it looked like the game was going to be rained off according to the BBC. I was sad. Then I looked at the Met Office site and it looked like we'd get away with it. I was happy again.
On Saturday I got on the tube to go to the game. I was happy. While on the Tube I got a call saying it was rained off. I was sad. Then my mate phoned to say he was going to watch the other team play and would I like to come? I was as happy as I could be.

Cricket: it's stressful enough without even playing.

2 comments:

  1. There's got to be scope for a CC version of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking of Solomon Grundy. But now you mention it - surely this is their finest?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cveZR4e91kU

    ReplyDelete