Saturday 1 October 2011

Ouch.

Sorry, still on blogging holiday for a week or two. But in the meantime....same thing happened to me when I was about 13. It was in the nets, went for the caught and bowled but as I headed to the side the net got in the way and the next thing I knew there was blood everywhere. Didn't lose any teeth, but my upper lip still has a lump of scar tissue in it. Why the fuck we play this game I do not know.

Oh and also read a great quote from Rob Moody, he of the impressive YouTube collection, on some of the old footage, on Cricinfo:


"For me the attraction is an obvious one," he says. "The older footage looks more raw and real, no advertising, no plugging TV shows, no over-the-top commentary, just pure cricket. Such serene viewing. The other attraction is simply being able to see these classic players and form my own opinions about them. Sometimes you read so many endless comments from people that the truth gets a little distorted."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a very entertaining read over the summer, a really well written blog.
    Make sure you continue it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, in a day or two will be back on a big blogging trip...been busy with 'proper' writing.

    ReplyDelete