Monday 10 October 2011

'Great' sledges of our time

From Barry Hack's Bumper Christmas Book of Most-Likely Fabricated Cricket 'Funnies', Proctor and Gamble, 432 pp.

Glenn McGrath: Oi Brandes, why are you so fat?

Eddo Brandes: Because I play for Zimbabwe and don't have access to high-quality training facilities.

----

Shane Warne: I've spent two years waiting to bowl at you.

Daryl Cullinan: That's because you find it really easy to get me out.

----

Harbhajan Singh: You're a monkey.

Andrew Symonds: I plan to report you to the ICC Match Referee for racial abuse.

----

James Ormond: Your brother's better than you or something.

Steve Waugh: I'm sorry? I have literally no idea who you are.

----

Australian bowler: Something truly fucking hilarious about putting a Mars bar/pork pie on a good length.

Mike Gatting/Arjuna Ranatunga/whoever else this is allegedly directed at: Well that wouldn't work because the umpire would intervene.

----

Rodney Marsh: So how's the wife and my kids?

Ian Botham: Wife's fine, the kids are retarded.

CC: I'm sorry, but have you ever heard Ian Botham talk? You genuinely think he'd come out with something that witty? Really?

----

The Barmy Army: He bowls to the left, he bowls to the right, that Mitchell Johnson, his bowling is shite.

Mitchell Johnson: Yes, but I am an international sportsman unlike you bloated, good-for-nothing, loutish fucks.

----

All these gems and more will be coming my way in December when some sodding relative remembers I like cricket and gets me one of the many shit books dedicated to sporting 'wit' for Christmas. Yet another reason to hate Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment